Thursday, March 16, 2006

Choosing to Love

My experience at Webster Elementary in Minneapolis has been much different from Saipan. Many of these kids come from very hard homelives and make poor choices that affect the climate of the classroom. I felt like giving up last week. I sat at a small cafe, just me and God, and I told Him I couldn't do this. I asked Him to encourage me, and He did so by reminding me that HE is my strength, that HE can work miracles, and HE can help these kids. It's gotta be Him. That night I committed to pray for each kid every day. I already have noticed a change! God completely transformed my attitude about being there. It is still hard and discouraging at times, but I know I am there for a reason. I think the main reason is to love these kids.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly, your moped video showed up on google popular videos. I didn't have the link to you blog till now... Wow! amazing times you are having. Well, I'll be tuning in from here on out.
Nate

3/16/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second, you are totally back!! When do we get to see you! Hah, I left that last comment before even reading anything. I am weird.

3/16/2006  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

Mar 2:17 - When Jesus heard this, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Keep it up, girl. You can change the lives of these kids.

~audra

3/21/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home