Wednesday, January 11, 2006

GOD IS SO GOOD!

I have been very busy... counting my blessings! In addittion to the apartment with an amazing view, we have been given a car to use for free for the two months we are here. We were going to have to pay $400 each for a rental! The car is a stick, which I am reaquainting myself with! I had lots of fun today - especially on the hills! We also were told that we will be getting $25 meal allowance per week from the school, another unexpected blessing! Every bit helps! The weather has been gorgeous the last few days, and I got to go swimming tonight after class and after I joined an intense Ultimate Frisbee game down by the beach. These people were serious and very competive! I loved it! They already asked me to play in a tournament coming up! Oh, and we can't forget about teaching! I have been there 2 days now, and have officially been scheduled to teach the following: 6th grade history, 8th grade Bible, 12th grade history (the history of Saipan and the other Marianna islands! Yikes!) and 5th and 6th grade PE. I get to wear PE clothes all day on M, W, and Fridays! I only have to wear the uniform 2 days a week! Whahoo! I am so thankful for the favor God has been showing me so far this trip! Life with Him is the way to go! He doesn't always promise an easy road or a fun road, but He does promise to be with us and to give us peace. I am just grateful that I am experiencing all of the above for the time being! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Charlebois said...

I am so glad that you set up this blog so we can keep up with you these days! Praise God you guys made it safely...it looks so gorgeous there (except for the spider in the shower).
I hope you continue to have time to keep this updated. I'll check it all the time!
Praying for you,
Audra

1/11/2006  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

P.S. Your videos are HILARIOUS!

1/11/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, just wondering, how do you plan on teaching Saipan's history when you've only been there a short while? Did you ask for that subject or did they give it to you? It does sound pretty interesting. -Lyndsay

1/12/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MOLLY!!! Teaching sounds like SOOO much fun!!! A GYM TEACHER? That totally fits u!!! HAHAHA i know this has nothing to do w/ gym but you could show them the sweatpants game!!! HAHAHAHAHA I bet the would get a kick outta that! Ultimate Frisbee sounds TOTALLY awesome!! I LOVE THAT GAME!! Saipan sounds like a blast! WE still miss you over here but someone needs to teach them about God and history and the sweatpants game... ;-) Welp HAVE FUN AND GOD BLESS!!
-eBye

1/14/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home